I’m so excited to be sponsoring one of my favorite blogs, Pen and Peplum this month and I’m even more excited that Miranti was lovely enough to tag me in 11 Questions. I loved reading the answers to her questions and I hope both she and you feel like you know me a little better after reading the answers to mine!
1. Me in a nutshell… I struggle with this every time I rewrite my Twitter bio, but for now I think I really am best described as “A lawyer who blogs. Lover of good books, great blogs, heavy stationery, Maryland, DC and Connecticut.”
2. What’s one talent you wish you had? The ability to dance. Some folks know me as “Rhythmless Nation”!
3. What’s the last thing you bought? These file folders. Cute office supplies are my weakness and between the color and motivational quotes, I couldn’t pass them up!
4. Three things that make a person irresistible…Charm, wit and a killer smile.
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? A tall, skinny hazelnut latte from Starbucks.
6. Next trip you’re going to take? Home to see the family, and then hopefully back to London!
7. Which fictional character do you relate most to? Grace Adler from Will and Grace
8. What’s been the highlight of your day? Starting it off with a phone call from one of my best friends.
9. People are often surprised to find out that I... have milked a cow.
10. Favourite smell? This one is tough! My mom loves to layer perfumes and certain scents always make me think “Mommy would love this.” It’s not a specific smell but anything that reminds me of home and of her makes me happy.
11. A life well lived is… one that leaves a legacy. (cue Beyonce’s “I Was Here”)
And here are my 11 questions for you:
1. What makes you happy?
2. Why do you blog?
3. What’s the last book you read?
4. Who is your dream lunch date?
5. What would your 15 year old self say if he or she could see your life now?
6. Who or what inspires you?
7. What is one thing in your life you hope will be different one year from now?
8. What song ALWAYS makes you want to dance?
9. What do you think is the key to success?
10. What advice are you glad you never took?
11. What’s your favorite quote?
I hope you’ll all give us this peek into the person behind the posts – can’t wait to read your responses!